Mass forwards vs. pointers

On the off chance that someone is actually keeping score, I'll cast a vote
for pointers instead of forwards. I don't pay for access (look closely at
my address to see why), but my mail setup lumps all my mail in the inbox
indiscriminately; to find critical messages from co-workers and automated
software processes, I've got to wade through all the mail from the lists
I subscribe to. This morning, there were 80+ messages from cypherpunks
alone. If this list becomes, in effect, Usenet without Usenet newsgroup
mechanisms, I'll have to bail out in order to get anything done for my
Real Job (TM).

I used to get Cypherpunks mail on a Unix box, and there I had a slick
little Perl script sitting in my mail pipe to route Cypherpunks mail
into a secondary Elm folder. This was nice, since it routed mailing
list traffic away from my standard inbox. Now, though, I'm running through
Microsoft Mail - until I figure out a way to separate list traffic
from other mail, I'm really touchy about high-volume list traffic.

Does anyone have a FAQ (or a brainstorm) on how to route Microsoft Mail
messages to appropriate folders based on message content?

    -Philippe

(No .sig, no PGP sig either - damn PC WinDoze mail software .........   )