Re: (None)

    From: Jeff Gostin <[email protected]>
    Date: Wed, 13 Jul 1994 23:31:38 EST

         OTOH, we owe it to him to respect his opinion. If he didn't have the
    guts to create the tool, this conversation would be moot. I say that we
    should respect his wishes, and not bastardize PGP, if only not to
    discourage other people to write "risky" software

Definitely.  While I don't believe that Phil has legal grounds to make
Tom stop bastardizing PGP, I think that he has every right to protect
his reputation and proclaim loudly that he considers Tom's
modifications snake oil, etc.

I suspect that most people would respect Phil's wishes in this area,
but the cat's out of the bag as far as legally enforcing those wishes.

			Rick