Re: National ID cards are just the driver's licenses on the Information

[email protected] (Timothy C. May) <[email protected]> writes:
  > (And as an EFF member, dues all paid up, I have no hope that EFF or
  > any of its FLA brethren will oppose this firmly. At the risk of
  > angering our own John Gilmore, a founder of the EFF, I think EFF
  > management is so enamored of being inside the Beltway that it will
  > likely confine its role to providing "input" to the Gorewellian forces
  > putting this thing together.)

This may be an area where CPSR does a better job than EFF. CPSR has a
pretty good record on these topics, and seems less caught up in the
'but these guys are my friends' philosophy of EFF.

At the risk of reopening a very old thread, it is an unfortunate fact
that, in this country, these proposals are not getting the widespread
opposition that they would if they were introduced by Republicans.