Re: pseudonyms and such

C'punks,

On Mon, 18 Jul 1994, Jonathan Rochkind wrote:

> I think it's rather odd to find cypherpunks basically flaming someone
> because they choose to use a pseudonym instead of their real name.
> Or presuming guilt of being Detweiler because of the choice to use the
> pseudonym.
> . . .
> I think it's awfully hypocritical to judge this pseudonomous person
> harshly merely because of her pseudonimity, or because that
> pseudonimity makes you suspect she's really detweiler.

It looks as though Jonathan is assuming facts not in evidence.  I don't
recall ANY posts that judged "this pseudonomous person harshly merely
because of her [sic] pseudonimity," or otherwise (emphasis added).
^^^^^^^
I think it would behoove us to eschew knee-jerk reactions in favor of
careful reading and critical thinking.

 S a n d y