Re: Who Detweiler is *really* posting as

aNdOm0Zre suggests that Perry Metzger is really a tentacle for L:.D:.,
and that Perry isn't one of the alifornia Cypherpunks so who knows him.
Well, I've known Perry since beforre the Cypherpunks group started,
and he was at one of the first couple Cypherpunks meetings I'd been at
after I moved out here,as well as being out here fairly often for
Extropians gatherings and computer conferences.  He's real.
(I can't vouch for certain that he's not Detweiler, since I haven't
met the Detweilers, but he's real.)  At one of those meetings, it was
noticed that most of the major tentacles were there, including
Jamie Dinkelacker (one of the first to be accused of being a Tim May
tentacle), and I even sw California Drivers Licenses from the 8 or so
who were there.

Personally, I think if he hadn't existed,we would at some point hasve had
to invent him to discover some of the practical difficuties with
anonymity techniques, but we would probably have invented a less verbose,
less paranoid version who can be turned off when we do't need him :-)

		Bill