Re: "Key Escrow" --- the very idea

On Fri, 22 Jul 1994 [email protected] wrote:
> Eight pieces seems too few to me.  It's too easy for gov't agencies to "lean
> on" eight individuals or organizations (someone else suggested "watchdog"
> groups as fragment holding agencies, but that doesn't seem very good.  Groups
> can change over time, respond to pressure.  Putting a lot of fragments in a few
> hands seems fairly fundamentally flawed).  I'd rather see thousands.  That way,
NO, what you really need to do is tackle the issue of the government
rounding up keys in mass, and instituting an orwellian system of spying.
To do this, simply make it legal for the escrow agencies to distroy their
database as a whole, in fact, make it a REQUIREMENT that they distroy
their database if necessary and enact measures to protect it from abuse.

Berzerk.