Re: The Clipper Chip Proposal

  From the keyboard of:  [email protected] (Loren James Rittle) in an
  open letter to our Gorewellian vice president:

  I also support completely voluntary (i.e. no outside government coercion)
  encryption key escrow for all private individuals and private-sector
  companies, if they themselves so chose it.

There is, however, no reasonable reason what-so-ever for government to be
involved in this escrow.  Just as with escrow of funds during property
transactions, those involved will choose their own non-governmental
escrow agents.

A simple analogy may serve to illustrate this crucial concept for Gore:
If I wish to leave a spare house key with my neighbor while I'm on
vacation, there's no reason I have to also leave a spare key with the
cops.

Rich

--
Loudyellnet: Richard Johnson | Sneakernet: ECNT1-6, CB 429, CU Boulder
Phonenet:    +1.303.492.0590 | Internet:   [email protected]