Re: LITTLE BROTHER INSIDE

At 11:47 AM 7/27/94 +0000, [email protected] wrote:
>contempt to release her. More recently, Supreme Court ruling defining
>limits of civil contempt (UMW vs. JOHN L. BAGWELL) may have an effect on
>this.)

I know a guy in SF who won the Irish Sweepstakes and refused to repatriate
his winnings.  Did 2 years for tax evasion and two years for contempt (I
think).  Contempt was for his refusal to repatriate.  Do you know what sort
of restrictions the Supremes put on contempt jailings?

I always figured that you should shower the judge and other judges in these
cases with letters stating in great detail why you will never purge yourself
of your contempt.  Serves as evidence that holding you is useless and hence
illegal punishment not a "legal" attempt to coerce you.

DCF

"But your honor, I'm desperately trying to *conceal* my contempt for this
court!"