Re: No SKE in Daytona and other goodies

> What is the difference if a big company subjects its employees to a
> key-escrow system or if the government does it with the people. If you
> think about it, the government could coerce the company into reading
> through information being passed back and forth....
>
> With a private company, you can negotiate with the owners, or leave.
> With the government, you have no choice.

There is an additional difference which I believe has been implicit in
most of the discussion on this issue:  When we talk about a company
escrowing the keys of its employees, we mean the company escrows the keys
of encrypted communications used *for company business and on "company
time"*, not necessarily all keys utilized for all communications by the
employees.  I suppose a company could try to restrict its employees further,
but as Blanc notes, you can leave the company a lot easier than you can
leave the country.

-- Jeff