Re: Voluntary Governments?

[JWS writes:]

>Well isn't that how its supposed to be? [....]

No.  The object of government is to limit the freedom of the people it
governs.  The word is derived from "govern" which means "3. To control the
actions or behavior of  4. To keep under control; *restrain*" [American
Heritage Dict.]

It would be great if government could be a service provider, or simply feel
responsible for those it governs--but then it would not be a government any
longer.

It would also be nice if I won the lotto. ;)

 _/_/_/  _/_/_/   _/_/_/      _/      _/     All men recognize the right of
_/       _/  _/   _/         _/_/     _/     revolution; that is, the right
_/_/_/   _/  _/   _/_/_/    _/  _/    _/     to refuse allegiance to, and to
     _/  _/  _/   _/       _/_/_/_/   _/     resist, the government, when its
_/_/_/   _/_/_/   _/_/_/  _/      _/  _/_/_/ tyranny or its inefficiency are
              _/                             great and unendurable.
                                              --Thoreau, Civil Disobedience