Re: Voluntary Governments?

From: Hal

What does it mean to speak of a government in cyberspace?  It is the
government in physical space I fear.  Its agents carry physical guns
which shoot real bullets.

Good point.
What does it mean to speak of governance (or 'govenment') at all?
Questions I would seek to have the answers to, in making decisions
about government per se:

.  Who or what is to be governed?
.  What is inimical/destructive and to be regulated/prevented,
    or what is sacred which is to be upheld?
.  How will anyone come to know the difference?
   What difference does it really make (to anyone in the real world)?
.  Who is to do all the work of preventing or upholding
   (how do they qualify for the job)?
.  What is to be done about non-conformists to the rules
   (without contradicting the rules?)
.  When did you realize that you were an absolute authority on the subject?

Blanc