RE: CreditCard info

----------
| From: Brian Lane  <[email protected]>
|   It's unbelieveable (to me anyway) that people would give this kind of
| information out and trust that it can't be abused. It's bad enough that
| we're asked to hand out our SS number for everything.

It's my understanding that it's technically illegal for anyone to require
your SSN for anything if they are not using it for SS related purposes.
I had heard that congress passed a law when SSNs were issued to this
effect.

Am I hallucinating, or has someone else heard this too?!

garthB>
-------
 Garth S. Brown, Semaphore Corporation    122 South Jackson Street,
Suite 350
 [email protected]                     Seattle, Washington 98104

                                          InterNIC WHOIS: GB(31)

 -Public key available via finger of [email protected]

 -PGP2.6 Key fingerprint =  65 0E 48 A1 F7 38 DB 03  3F 77 77 9E B5 53
2E 96
-------
  All problems can be solved with the proper application of high
explosives.