Postal Inspection (was Common Carriers...)

Tim May says-

> Package delivery services like UPS and Federal Express *do* have
> immunity from prosecution based on what they carry, but this is in
> exchange for allowing inspection of packages under specified
> circumstances. Thus, if the DEA suspects a package contains cocaine,
> it can be inspected, and the shipper will most likely cooperate in
> resealing the package and continuing the shipment.

That reminds me.  I once got a conference announcement from Europe
in the mail.  Printed on the envelope was a little icon showing a
profile of the head of a guy wearing a hat (like a policeman or
mailman's hat), and an arrow pointing from about his eye level to a
picture of an open envelope.  This looked like the original envelope,
untouched, and the icon seemed to have been there from the start.

Anybody know what it means?

-fnerd

nutritional information per serving:
   less than one (1) bit