Key Coercion after encrypted message transmission.

   I am not sure that there is a good way of addressing this
   problem short of dividing the key in some way among multiple people so
   that Darth has a hard time seizing them all. This idea has already
   been discussed elsewhere.

Remote backup and secret sharing, yes.

   This problem could be
   called the transmission retroactive coercion problem (TRCP).

This one has also been discussed here, just last week, by me.  It's
the problem of forward secrecy.  It already has a perfectly good name,
thank you.

The original author of the message should find out what Diffie-Hellman
key exhange is and how it can be used for forward secrecy.

Eric