Re: Problem in draft FIPS `CRYPTOGRAPHIC SERVICE CALLS'

       DATE   FROM                   SUBJECT
    Two related points:

    1.  Sorry to waste list bandwidth with such a question, but could
        someone please post to me the original "Problem in draft FIPS
        `CRYPTOGRAPHIC SERVICE CALLS'" item? (my server was down at the
        weekend).

    2.  NIST have proposed the draft FIPS to a number of standards
        development organisations - including X/Open and POSIX - and I
        know that Microsoft have reviewed it, so it will likely influence
        interfaces to commercially available cryptographic software and
        devices.
        If there is anybody with interest in crypto APIs on this list,
        then your informed comments on this NIST proposal, or other
        candidates (which I could make available if the level of interest
        warranted it), or alternatives, would be useful and timely.

    Thanks

    Piers

    P V McMahon                                                   09AUG94
    ICL Enterprises
    post:  Kings House, 33 Kings Road, Reading, RG1 3PX, UK
    email: [email protected]  OR   [email protected]
    phone: +44 734 634882
    fax:   +44 734 855106