Re: EDDB/RN

In message <[email protected]> Eric Hughes writes:
>    However, there should be a use for persistent store, for a remote
>    encrypted database accessible anonymously.
>
> The real questions are "how big is the market?" and "how much revenue
> is there in it?".
>
> Something like this doesn't get made reliable by volunteers.

I think that the market is potentially large.

>    Ideally, the data is stored on a distributed data base, with some
>    redundancy in case one or more gateways go down
>
> Look in Schneier for secret sharing.

We won't have a copy of Schneier here for three weeks or so.  Can
you elaborate?

However, almost certainly, the crypto aspects would be relatively
minor.	Most of the work would be in building a reliable widely
distributed data base accessible over the Internet.  When I last
looked at this sort of problem, it was very complex.
--
Jim Dixon