Re: e$

At 05:25 PM 8/10/94 -0400, Rick Busdiecker wrote:

>I believe that the reporting requirement has been at $3000 for a
>number of years.

All businesses in the US have to report cash transactions of more than $10K.
They have to keep records (but not report) on cash transactions of $3K or more.

While the cash import/export rules require reporting only of "currency or
monetary instruments" as I defined them in my last message, the domestic
reports of cash transactions now include (in addition to currency and
monetary instruments) the requirement to report $10K transactions involving
cashier's checks, money orders and other instruments that can be purchased
anonymously and are not connected with a specific bank account.  This is a
significant expansion of the definition of "cash".  It may spread to the
import/export realm later.

DCF

"There's no such thing as luck only adequate or inadequate preparation to
cope with the statistical universe."