The EFF is no NRA!

"I know the NRA. I know people in the NRA. And the EFF is no NRA."

Pat Farrell writes:

>   [email protected] (Jim Miller)  writes:
> > Hurray!!!
>
> Yes, that is good news. And at the same time Digital Telophony looks like
> a lock to pass.
>
> Bummer.

Fact: The National Rifle Association took a "we can't compromise on
this" position, and actually allied itself with the Black Caucus to
defeat the Crime Bill.

Fact: The EFF has, on the other hand, "helped" to create the Wiretap
Bill. In comp.sys.eff.talk, critics of the Wiretap Bill like us are
being characterized as taking "a cute absolutist screaming hero
stance." With friends like these, I'm afraid, it's no wonder we're
being sold out and the EFF is doing the selling.

I think Mitch has taken a few too many rides on Air Force One.

No compromises! Cypherpunks have to get a lot more radical. A lot
more.

--Tim, who always thought Janet Reno earned herself death by lethal
injection after ordering the Waco Massacre ("we had to destroy the
children in order to save the children")

[email protected]       | anonymous networks, digital pseudonyms, zero