THE H.E.A.T. IS ON

                         SANDY SANDFORT
 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

C'punks,

I'm so happy.  I've found Acapulco H.E.A.T. in the New York area
(18:00 Saturdays, channel 9).  Time for another review.

This week's episode, "Code Name: Archangel," had a couple of
relevant privacy items, and it was a "no Fabio" zone, as well.
Bikinis and gun battles were at a minimum, but those that were,
were equally divided between the sexes.

Anyway, a neo-Nazi (with a really baaad German accent) named
"Steinholtz" planned to steal one of the da Vinci "archangel"
panels which was being exhibited in Mexico.  It was to be
reunited in Germany with the three other panels.  The idea was
that this would be a symbol for the reunification of all the
neo-Nazis, and would inaugurate the beginning of the Fourth
Reich.  A clandestine, world-wide, TV broadcast of the stolen
panel would be used to unify the Nazis.

There were also two subplots: one involving a Dutch Mata Hari
type, and the other involving two of the H.E.A.T. members.  ("Hey
Tommy, I don' wan' jew dating my seester.")

Anyway, since the bad guys use "antibugging devices," our heroes
had to use hand-held through-the-wall mikes to listen in on their
plans.  Later, they were able to install a "sprinkler cam" right
over the swastika covered table around which the plotters sat.
(Curiously, the swastika they showed was a left-handed version of
the actual Nazi one.  No explanation given.)

Our guys also had to scope out the church where the panel was
being exhibited.  There they found infrared heat/motion detectors
which they foiled by wearing (heat conserving) wet suits.  Hmmm.
The panel was also protected by pressure sensitive mats and
electronic eyes, but no guards!

The last bit of technological chicanery came after the bad guys
were captured.  Using digital technology, the team spoofed the
voice of Steinholtz and had him saying we should all live as
brothers.  Does was done as a voice-over to scenes from the
Mexican festival of Santa Guadeloupe or some such.  Gag.

 S a n d y

PS  The Stateside boss of H.E.A.T. is played by John Vernon who
    was "Dean Wormer" in Animal House.  He only communicates
    with the team via encrypted videophone.  It's obvious
    (due to some differences in dialog, pronunciation, etc.)
    that his scenes are not filmed at the same time or place
    as the rest of the show.  In one episode, he kept
    referring to "M15" ("em fifteen") while the team talked
    about "MI5" ("em eye five").