Re: Mail to all drivers in Oregon?

> Greg Broiles writes:
>  > Probably more than any of us want to pony up. [...]
>  > you're still talking about a $216,000 mailing.

Pick a smallish city (but one that's "on the map" for whatever reason,
university, companies, whatever), and target everyone in the city. At
the same time similarly target a number of journalists in the national
media. Send to all of these all the data you can find about themselves.

This way you minimize the expense, and you get the national media to
amplify this and make sure everybody in the country knows about the
event.

Jeffrey Rothfeder did it with one such journalist (Dan Rather) if I
remember around 1989 (story in Business week, Sept 1989). And reuses
all this stuff for the book "Privacy for sale", 1992). But he did it
on a small scale, just for a story, and a story that he could put his
name on. As opposed to what we are talking about here.

Pierre.
[email protected]