Re: Voluntary Governments?

   Date: Tue, 23 Aug 94 18:15:12 GMT
   From: [email protected] (Jim Dixon)

   I grew up in a small town of 5,000.  It had a city government.	The
   county government was in the same town.  No one denies that California
   has a government, I think.  And then there was the US government.  And
   we had city police, the sheriff's office, the Highway Patrol, and the
   FBI paid an occasional visit.

   So drop the word 'exclusive'.

The government still excludes non-governmental authorities from using
violence.

   In our high school we had a student government.  We had no prisons
   and no guns.

Then you were a club.  Or, you were a government whose rules were
enforced by other governments.

   area, and that control need not be effected with guns.

-russ <[email protected]>    http://www.crynwr.com/crynwr/nelson.html
Crynwr Software   | Crynwr Software sells packet driver support | ask4 PGP key
11 Grant St.      | +1 315 268 1925 (9201 FAX)  | What is thee doing about it?
Potsdam, NY 13676 | LPF member - ask me about the harm software patents do.