Re: Nuclear Weapons Material

>> I don't know much about modern munitions, but I do know that armor
>> piercing rounds may have no charge in them at all.  Generally, when a
>> round pierces one side of a vehicle, it loses enough energy and is
>> suitably deformed to prevent exit from the opposite wall.  It does,
>> however, bounce around quite a bit, which can be plenty of fun in a
>> tank loaded with equipment, munitions, and soldiers.
>
>	I was under the impression that the most common techniquoe for
>creating armour-piercing munitions was to use shaped-charges. While
>depleted uranium has it's uses (being, as someone said, rather dense),
>mass alone will not get through everything. A shaped charge will get
>through more things more violently :)

And in the process, vaporize a signifcant amount of metal - effectively
depositing a few microns (at minimum) of metal plating on everything inside
the AFV (including passenger's lungs, skin, etc).  My first choice would be
not to be present for *either* event; far distant second choice would be
taking my chances with riccochets.

Dave Merriman
Finger [email protected] for PGP/RIPEM public keys and fingerprints.
Unencrypted Email may be ignored without notice to sender.  PGP preferred.
Remember: It is not enough to _obey_ Big Brother; you must also learn to
*love* Big Brother.