Re: Nuclear Weapons Material

> I don't know much about modern munitions, but I do know that armor
> piercing rounds may have no charge in them at all.  Generally, when a
> round pierces one side of a vehicle, it loses enough energy and is
> suitably deformed to prevent exit from the opposite wall.  It does,
> however, bounce around quite a bit, which can be plenty of fun in a
> tank loaded with equipment, munitions, and soldiers.

	I was under the impression that the most common techniquoe for
creating armour-piercing munitions was to use shaped-charges. While
depleted uranium has it's uses (being, as someone said, rather dense),
mass alone will not get through everything. A shaped charge will get
through more things more violently :)

--
*       *       Mikolaj J. Habryn
                [email protected]