Re: Alt.Gvmt.Immorality

Responding to msg by Michael  Conlen:

The United States is made up of ignorant people who
know what they need to get by in life, and do not want
to take the time to do what it takes to improve
themselves, ie. vote. As for morality, I feel it is
somthing that we all wish to be but find it hard to be.
I know I find it hard to be moral.

On the note, I offer this quote which is always amusing to me:

"The only claim made for any organized ideas of human nature is
that everybody everywhere needs them in order to tell what is
human, what is natural, what is worth knowing, what is worth
having and how to get it, and all the other information
necessary for getting through the day, week, year and lifetime.
  .....That is human nature  -  to organize the data of human
nature into a body of knowledge or working model.  That is what
a working model or organized idea of human nature does:  it
gives you the story about where everything belongs, and how and
when and why it belongs there.

And as for people who wear comfortable shoes and assume
nothing, they are usually killed very young while trying to
cross the street.  Such people have no idea whatsoever about
where anything belongs, or how and when and why it belongs
there.  That makes it very difficult to stay alive, let alone
to locate the real fact.  People who assume nothing have no
working model of human nature to begin with and thus no way to
assemble even the true story with its moral about what to pay
attention to.
So that is how  a working model of human nature works.  It
provides you with a frame of meaning and puts you in the
picture.  And once you are there, you can see where you stand
on such diverse issues as life and death.  You can find your
point of view about taxes and clothing.  You can fix your
position with regard to the schoolhouse, the alehouse, the
whorehouse, the courthouse, and the electric chair.  In other
words, a working model of human nature makes things visible,
and you visible as well."

                 -   from "The Human Nature Industry", by Ward
Cannel and June Macklin

Blanc