Reserved DC-Net IP addresses - NOT!

[email protected] (Eric Hughes):
> Speaking of long-term integration on the internet, might it not be a
> good idea to get some IP address range assigned for dc-net use?

I don't agree. Apart from the IP address crunch that already poses a problem
for the IETF, I don't see why DC-Nets should be limited to specially allocated
addresses. DC-Nets should be implemented a layer over protocols such as IP,
or as extensions to them. It should be possible for _anyone_, regardless of
IP address (officially allocated DC-Net number) to connect with _any_ others
on a DCN, with some software or other interfacing.

Rishab Aiyer Ghosh             "Clean the air! clean the sky! wash the wind!
[email protected]                   take stone from stone and wash them..."
Voice/Fax/Data +91 11 6853410
Voicemail +91 11 3760335                 H 34C Saket, New Delhi 110017, INDIA