Re: Anyone seen the 'quantum cryptanalysis' thread on sci.crypt?

Timothy C. May writes:
 > In any case, the Shor work on a quantum factorer is interesting, but
 > is at least several decades away, in my opinion.

Operating from the assumption that this work by Shor is realistically
worthwhile, has there been any research into employing similar
techniques for encryption?  In other words, in the "world" of quantum
algorithmics, are there analogs to the hard problems currently
exploited by cryptographic systems in our current Turing machine
"world"?

| GOOD TIME FOR MOVIE - GOING ||| Mike McNally <[email protected]>       |
| TAKE TWA TO CAIRO.          ||| Tivoli Systems, Austin, TX:        |
|     (actual fortune cookie) ||| "Like A Little Bit of Semi-Heaven" |