Re: What privacy issues to discuss.....

>Fellow C'punks-
>	What I want from you guys is pointers to papers I can use as
>references, but stuff that's easy to explain to Joe/Jane College student.

ftp.csua.berkely.edu /pub/cypherpunks/papers  :-)

>	I would also like input as to how you folks think I should do it.
>Should it be a discussion group, or should I just talk and then answer
>questions? I think a discussion group might be better, but I'm not sure.

Split the difference: explain some of the details and such to them, and then
let them work it out.  Might help to use something like a phone bill to
point out how data is collected that could easily be used by any kind of
oppressive regime. It's my understanding (possibly in error :-) that
European nations do *not* provide the level of detail in their telephone
bills that we do here; the theory being that if who someone calls is
unknown, then it makes any effort to do a guilt-by-association and witchhunt
more difficult.

Dave Merriman
Finger [email protected] for PGP/RIPEM public keys and fingerprints.
Unencrypted Email may be ignored without notice to sender.  PGP preferred.
Remember: It is not enough to _obey_ Big Brother; you must also learn to
*love* Big Brother.