Re: Anyone seen the 'quantum cryptanalysis' thread?

[email protected] writes
> As I'm sure somebody else has pointed out somewhere along this thread, the
> ability to simultaneously analyze a superposition of an arbitrarilly large
> subset of all possible imputs (as our theoretical quantum cryptanalytic
> device might) implies to ability to solve, in polynomial time, any
> exponential time problem.

As far as is know, quantum computers cannot solve NP complete problems
in polynomial time.

They can solve some problems (such as factoring) that classical
computers cannot solve in polynomial time.

We have the right to defend ourselves and our
property, because of the kind of animals that we              James A. Donald
are.  True law derives from this right, not from
the arbitrary power of the omnipotent state.                [email protected]