Re: crypto game idea

Jim McCoy writes:

> Jim Miller writes:
> >

> > Crypto-Magic: The Gathering
> [making an online version of the game using crypto tools...]
> >

> Don't worry, someone is already working on it...  :)

I'd be very impressed if you guys pulled this off.  Not to imply I think
it can't be done, just that it would be a pretty complex system and
success would be impressive.

Can you describe a little of how you're handling the cards?  How do you
keep players from forging cards?  How does a player transfer ownership of
a card to another player?  What's your mechanism for preventing
"double-trading"?  Are card trades anonymous, or fully identified?  How do
you keep somebody from drawing an individual card from their deck more
than once?  How do you prevent somebody from stacking their deck, without
revealing the contents of the deck?  Does the software evaluate the
effects of the cards (encapsulating the rules of the game),  or does the
software just provide the tools for handling digital trading cards?

Cool stuff.

[email protected]