Dummy foreign corporations and lawsuit proofing.

I, and no doubt many other cypherpunks resident in the
USA, have received a lot of junk mail from Costa Rica,
offering dummy Costa Rican corporations.

The theory is you set up a mail drop in Costa Rica, then
you gradually move all your assets to be owned by this
mail drop, so that your house, your car etc, all belong to
this mail drop.

The junk mail claims that this makes you immune to sue
happy lawyers  -- that this makes you lawsuit proof.  I
believe this claim.

Unfortunately I have also received other junk mail offering
competing services, which claims that Costa Rican dummy
corporations have the same effect on revenuers as catnip
does on cats, and blood in the water does on sharks.

This claim also sounds highly plausible to me.

Doubtless the services offered by the Costa Ricans would
work so long as you never generated documents going to the
revenuers that showed the Costa Rican address.  This might
be a wee bit tricky, as the revenuers get a report whenever any
financial asset is sold within America.

And remember, if you do set up a dummy foreign corporation,
(preferably one that looks more plausible than those
offered by the Costa Ricans), if you set it up in
consultation with an American advisor, that advisor's next
report will probably be to the revenuers.

--

Critias_the_conspirator