Re: 900 privacy ad op

On Mon, 21 Nov 1994 [email protected] wrote:

>        9 0 0 - P R I V A C Y   A D   O P P O R T U N I T Y
>        ---------------------------------------------------
>
> Cypherpunks: Agree to buy advertising for my 900-number privacy
> information service, and make money from your exclusive territory.

[...]

> "Dial An Insult" is a 900 number advertised with the slogan "Be
> Amused While Being Abused," illustrated by a silhouetted dominatrix
> with her mouth open. After the national ads are paid, the net
> profit on the 10,000 calls EACH DAY is $8,000. The doctor who runs
> this vital audiotext service has a full time medical practice.
> The service bureau handles an average of 416 calls each hour
> automatically. Yet the chances are slim you've even heard of it,
> unless you're a "be your own boss" seminar junkie or you watch late
> night infomercials.

[...]

> Lon Weber, an active Arizona Libertarian, e-mail: [email protected],
> managed to buy a few 900 numbers, and was looking for ideas. I had
> this idea for a privacy 900 line and was looking for someone to
> fund it. Natural partners, eh? To pay for advertising, I proposed
> the following arrangement, and Lon agreed: Advertisers can request
> exclusive territories, by state. After the telco and service bureau
> take their cut for a call (will send breakdown of charges if you
> are interested), divide the money as follows: 1/3 to Lon, 1/3 to
> the scriptwriters, and 1/3 to the advertiser. Calls made in a state
> will be credited to that advertiser.

Bob Dwyer threw away the chain letter and broke the chain and was killed
in a vicious gardening accident that same day.

Bill Smith sent his letter, and was instantly rewarded when he found
$45.9 million in negotiable bearer bonds in an unmarked paper bag behind
his doghouse.

073BB885A786F666 nemo repente fuit turpissimus - potestas scientiae in usu est
6E6D4506F6EDBC17 quaere verum ad infinitum, loquitur sub rosa    -    wichtig!