Re: Admiral Inman

>replied that the governmental concern about wiretaps was and is primarily
>and unambiguously about narcotics.

and

>Back to Narcotics.  He gave the statistic that 90% of the narcotics leads
>related to money laundering come from domestic wiretaps.

Wow, this is easy then: legalize drugs and wiretaps are practically
unessessary. Buy a copy of High Times today! ;)

It does amaze me that what can be a victimless activity is such
a hotbutton.

A direct quote from him saying the above would be a nice tool the
next time kiddie porn and terrorists are thrown out for the press
to chew on.

>Inman was surprised by the looming introduction of VoicePGP, and said that
>that would be a big problem

I like the sound of this.

>                                                             So Inman
>seems sensitive to issues of privacy, but in this case, they seem to be
>primarily associated with invasions of privacy by the media rather than by
>the government.

Typical.

Sounds like a very interesting talk.

-j