Need program pointers

From:   IN%"[email protected]" 26-NOV-1994 21:38:47.14
To:     IN%"[email protected]"
CC:     IN%"[email protected]"
Subj:   Need program pointers

>Hey all!
>
>I'm looking for some program recommendation and locations pointers.
>Both for MS-dos.
>
>First, a good secure delete program.  These I know exists, which are good?

        I presently use Xtree Gold. It has a DoD and 6 pass Wash Disk
        feature for writing over usused areas of a disk/drive. So far I
        have been unsucessfull at recovering any data after Wash Disk
        with Norton Utilities or PC Tools.
        If there is a weakness in Wash Disk I'd like to hear about it.

>Second, I don't know if this exists.  I've never heard of one but it should!
>I want a program to go through a DOS hard drive and zero out all the unused
>sectors.  It would also be nice if it zero'ed the tailing disk block after
>the end of a file.
>
>Suggestions?

        I'm not so sure about this on...