"You aren't following the _rules_!"

Lucky Green wrote:

> Eric wrote:
> >I am still considering the "sign-or-delay" proposal for the toad.com
> >server, that is, sign your articles to the list or they'll be delayed
> >and eventually rejected.
>
> Do it. Either it will work or it will kill the list. If it works, geat. If
> it  kills the list, we would have failed in our mission anyway.

Yes, do it! Do it now! Do it tonight! I spend too much time reading
this list as it is, so this new requirement will actually mean *less*
time spent in e-mail, as I'd have to leave the list. Go for it!

You see, I'm reading with elm (on-line) or Eudora (off-line). And not
always both. It depends on what I'm doing.

(Standard request: Please don't send me advice on how _you_ are happy
with Slackware Linux v.3.845 running pine 3.4 on your Pinto-um box. Or
how you run PGP on your campus machines. Etc. I'm happy that you're
happy, which ought to be enough.)

I have little means of solving the Netcom-Macintosh-elm-Eudora issues,
and I don't see others solving them especially cleanly or usably, so I
expect that the "sign your messages or else" dictum would have a
predictable result, for me.

And isn't it up to the _readers_ to decide if they don't want to read
my messages because they think I'm not being diligent enought, or
because my messages appear to be forged?

Isn't end-user choice the core of the Cypherpunk ethos?

"You can't be an anarchist....your messages aren't formatted
according to the rules."

Can we get back to reality?

--Tim May

[email protected]       | anonymous networks, digital pseudonyms, zero
Cypherpunks list: [email protected] with body message of only:
subscribe cypherpunks. FAQ available at ftp.netcom.com in pub/tcmay