Mac Encryption Components?

Does anybody know if there is an encryption component registered with
Apple? I was planning to write one, but I wanted to know if there was
already a standard/spec I could code to.  I e-mailed REGISTRY at AppleLink
a coupla weeks ago, but they seem to be focussed just on registering new
components; not fielding queries about what's already registered.

--
Man! Woman! Child! All! are up against the WALL of SCIENCE!
<[email protected]>