Re: Brands excluded from digicash beta

Wolfgang Roeckelein <[email protected]> writes:

> Does anybody know how the chaum patents (I think they claimed somewhere
> that they had applied for some) affect Brands system?

Chaum has several patents relating to digital cash, the core one being a
patent on the blind signature methods commonly in use.  When I last heard
an update on the Chaum/Brand saga it was that Brand believed his system
avoided Chaum's patents while Chaum "had not yet been convinced that this
was so, but it was a possibility."

jim