Digicash trial

Geoffrey Faivre-Malloy <[email protected]>

> DigiCash trial?  Tell me more!

I got my account a couple of weeks ago, I just downloaded the software. (I'm
a buyer, though I was hoping to sell too.) Recent 'shops' include HotWired.
I suspect one of the problems is that the software is not 'licensed for use
in the US' possibly for patent reasons? It says this clearly in the
pre-download license agreement.

The trial gives you 100 dummy units of currency, which you can use to 'buy'
from 'shops'.

> Now THAT sounds cool!  :)  Wonder how long it will be before someone uses
> PGP in a phone :)  How much processing power would it take to do that on
> the fly anyway?

Actually not too much - PGP can process fast enough on a 486 as it is.

> > Now what _I_ want is some way to integrate PGP with Netscape...
> What's Netscape?

The 'new improved' commercial version of Mosaic, by those who left to form
a company. The freeware version of Netscape is probably the best WWW browser
for a number of platforms right now. Of course, PGP wouldn't be integrated with
Netscape as such, but into a local Web page - I'm looking at Web pages as
simple interfaces to various ordinary, not necessarily 'netted' tasks.

Rishab Aiyer Ghosh             "Clean the air! clean the sky! wash the wind!
[email protected]                   take stone from stone and wash them..."
[email protected]
Voice/Fax/Data +91 11 6853410
Voicemail +91 11 3760335                 H 34C Saket, New Delhi 110017, INDIA