Re: Good times virus (ANSI BOMB?)

   Can't be too UNIX centric.  With the advent of MS Mail and CC:Mail that
have SMTP gateways, they automagically convert uuencoded files to
attachments in the native format.  That is, when you send me a message with
a uuencoded file at the end, my mail gateway uudecodes and puts the
attachemnt in my mail messas as a clickable icon.  NOW,  all you got to do
is convince me to doubble click on this (virus exe) and bingo!, I'm dead.

Question:

   Has anyone tried to infect or destroy an NT box with some known virus.
 NT's security model could prevent this (I.E. trying to write to a
restricted file or stay resident...).  But I'm not sure what is secured
since almost all users use NT workstation as "Administrator".

     2
 -- C  --
 ---

>>On Dec 7,  1:04am, ADAM GERSTEIN, _THE_ MACGURU wrote:
>>> Need I remind you of a certain Robert T. Morris? Does the "Internet
Worm"