Further comments on Netscape et al.

-----BEGIN PRIVACY-ENHANCED MESSAGE-----
Proc-Type: 4,MIC-CLEAR
 CSqGSIb3DQEBAgUAA1YAIR3BS02rsquq3dY6sGWcieXW3HtChMtsReRhDdY/nGPz
 rIUYuWt087c4T4afrsG9FbouJOkAsR/5SkLI9UpXonDIUskdl4/JlRKpyLaX07RK
 mUyTSR==
MIC-Info: RSA-MD5,RSA,
 lOMm69acu9EUeHUNrqC3tVCGCxCYQn24LMZIdJLsHHh+yHQUzowi3hysYfSuJEeR
 15mklYr0pLdP8HQCyqv4mg==

Sigh.

I wasn't intending to ignite a firestorm on the list, especially on a
topic that is at this point only marginally crypto-related.

I bear Netscape and its staff no ill will--they have done some wonderful
stuff, and I'd be more than happy to compete with them however the market
ends up.  I am irritated by some of how they've gone about things, but
this is as much cultural as anything else--the market will decide in the
end, whatever they or anyone else do.

If I have offended anyone on the list or at Netscape, I'm completely
willing to continue the discussion in email, comp.infosystems.www, or
wherever else, but I'm going to stop sending my replies to cypherpunks
at this point unless they actually have to do with cryptography or WWW
security per se.

Vendors do take potshots at each other from time to time; I'm sorry that
I indulged myself and did so on this list instead of in a more
appropriate manner.

Amanda Walker
InterCon Systems Corporation
-----END PRIVACY-ENHANCED MESSAGE-----