Bionomics Institute -- New discussion group and newsletter

How is new technology transforming the economy?  How will it alter the
fundamental qualities of economic life?

We don't have all the answers.  But we do have a powerful new way to look at
the the revolutionary changes brought about by the emergence of the Information
Age.  And, we have leading edge thinkers and doers from a remarkable variety of
disciplines -- high-technology, biology, economics, public policy, business and
more -- who share the powerful idea that the economy is an ecosystem.

That's right:  the economy is _not_ some giant machine.  It's like a
rainforest.  A virtual rainforest where coded information, like DNA, defies
entropy.   Where organizations (like organisms) cooperate, compete and evolve
in a complex, self-organizing process that is not only unplanned, but
unplan-able. (Sounds like the Internet, doesn't it.)

And, now, we have a discussion group:  [email protected].

As well as an occasional newsletter:   [email protected].

JOINING -- send to [email protected] with "SUBSCRIBE Evolve" or "SUBSCRIBE
Just.the.facts" in the subject line.  Participants in "Evolve" will get
"just.the.facts" automatically.

CONTRIBUTING -- send to [email protected].  This is an archived,
quasi-moderated discussion. Signal-to-noise will be kept high.

VANISHING -- send "unsubscribe" or any questions to [email protected] or to
our domain postmaster, [email protected].

This message comes to you because either we read this list or people keep
telling it's right up our alley.  Now we want you to come explore the truths
and consequences of the infoweb with us.  And bring your friends. (If you don't
have any friends, you're probably spending too much time reading email.)

You made it this far... hit <reply> and take a lurk.  Become a part of the
bionomic community, where high-technology and the free-market converge.

Regards,
Steve Gibson
Executive Director
The Bionomics Institute