re: BofA + Netscape

> It seems that Perry and other are flaming Netscape for doing things
> their own way.
> Yes, Netscape have made a lot fuckups.  But they are out there
> bringing really cool crypto to the masses.
> First guy on the block always does a lot of dumb fuckups.

This is by far the most intelligent commentary I've read so far in
this "NetScape" debate.

Does anybody remember PGP 1.0?  Released in the summer of 1991, using
the Bass-O-Matic cipher... which was worthless.

This list didn't come into existence until around the same time PGP
2.0 came out.  Thus, nobody railed against the weaknesses of PGP like
they are railing against NetScape.

So maybe the first version of NetScape could use some enhancements.
Just like PGP 1.0 did.

Nobody would argue that based on the direction of PGP 1.0, the whole
PGP project should be scrapped.  Or would they?

I think NetScape is doing overall good.  Sure, improvements can be
made.  But SOMETHING is being accomplished.