calling all cpunks on netcom

Hi all,

Just floating a trial balloon. Are you tired of the high traffic on
the cypherpunks list and having to wade through a ton of mail every
day? Any of you folks approaching your 5M limit from archiving too
many messages? Well, I am and I don't really want to start paying
for the extra memory.

I was wondering if it might be worth petitioning the netcom sysadmins
to start up a local newsgroup (eg. netcom.cpunks) that serves as an
archive for the mailing list. That way one gets to use the abilities
of <insert favourite threaded news browser here>  to keep threads together
and so forth. I'm sure there are enough netcom subscribers to warrant this.

Another alternative might be to set up something along the lines of
discuss at mit, which is a local collection of "meetings" on various
topics that one can browse through and serves as a handy archiver too
since it isn't flushed nearly as often as a Usenet queue. I believe this
list is already archived in a discuss meeting at MIT.

Just a thought. Pheedback?

-S

----
Srikar "shrieks" Srinath
[email protected]                                      Hackito Ergo Sum
----
"Free your mind and your ass will follow." - George Clinton