Re: Clarification of my remarks about Netscape

> All you need to do is get your server certificate from one of
> several places, including:
>
> 	RSA (commercial CA or server CA)

Do you need a server certificate issued directly by one of these PCAs, or does
it just need to be rooted there (i.e., can I use my [hypothetical] corporate
PCA, which itself has a certificate from the RSA commercial PCA)?

If it's the former, I would strongly urge you to extend your clients to
include the latter.  I don't want to have to go to RSA for every server
certificate--that's in part what the PCA hierarchy exists for.

Similarly, if I set up a personal server (with my home page, for example), can
I'd like to be able to use a certificate issued by the RSA Unaffiliated User
CA, which is itself a PCA certified by the Commercial CA.

Amanda Walker
InterCon Systems Corporation