Re: Emergency! Need single use passwords!

I highly recommend Kerberos.  It is available via anonymous ftp from
athena-dist.mit.edu:/pub/ATHENA/kerberos (I believe -- they've changed
the site around recently).  Alternatively you can get CNS from Cygnus
Support, which is a more up-to-date Kerberos release.

NOTE: Kerberos is a network authentication system based upon DES and a
secure server.  It requires that the Kerberos server remain secure,
but that tends not to be too much of a problem if you have some
machine that you can lock away in a machine room somewhere.  No useful
information is sent over the net in clear-text, so it solves your
sniffer problem as well.

Hope this helps.

-derek