Re: McCoy is Right! New Mail Format to Start Now.

On Fri, 16 Dec 1994, Jonathon Fletcher wrote:

> There is only ONE MIME - it's in the rfc (I've forgotten the number). If
> it's the same as the rfc - it's MIME. if it ain't then it aint MIME.
>
> The sun stuff is a good example of how bad it can get. But it's not MIME. not
> mailtool anyway. It is a stinking pile of [insert expletive here]. But it's
> not MIME.

So how can I do true graphical mime with the wondrous window
like drag and drop features described by Perry on a
Sparc 20 or an IBM PC running sockets and TIA under windows?

Obviously, once you can drag and drop from html to mime and back
again, and PGP is properly mimed, then we will have a tool
such that even the chairman of the board will use PGP.
But right now the tools I have are
seriously short of this glorious goal

While I am not expecting crypto nirvana right away I would like to stop
using an interface originally designed for paper terminals where you had
to hit the keys with a five pound hammer.  Obviously, once you can drag
and drop from html to mime and back The reason that I joined the rant
against the latest progress is not because I am a fan of character mode
unix -- I most definitely am not -- but because tools for GUI internet
stuff were rather raw the last time I tried them.

We have the right to defend ourselves and our
property, because of the kind of animals that we        James A. Donald
are.  True law derives from this right, not from
the arbitrary power of the omnipotent state.            [email protected]