RE: Tim May the Luddite--His Last Message for A While

> It may be time for me to move on. More than 2 years on this list,
> since the B.C. period, may be too long.

I've been thinking the same thing. Sadly, some of the initial C'punks
are those that are amoung the worst flamers. Eric and Perry should
be leading by example, but that isn't the case.

Recently, I was encouraged by the number of outsiders willing to post.
The folks from Netscape were just the most recent. But they
were greeted with massive hostility because their code isn't perfect,
or maybe because they are trying to make a buck. Sometimes
releasing code sooner means that you will be arround later to fix it.

Even Amanda, who I first saw posting to comp.fonts when she worked
for Visix, has not been showing her usual diplomacy.

Cypherpunks write code, and care about politics, technology,
society and economics.

Cypherpunks will continue. I'm not so sure about the cypherpunks list.
I'm not willing to bet that it will be different than Extropians.

Pat

Pat Farrell      Grad Student                 [email protected]
Department of Computer Science    George Mason University, Fairfax, VA
Public key availble via finger          #include <standard.disclaimer>