Re: c'punks top 5

> I would think that running an anonymous HTTP proxy server is much less likely
> to bring people screaming to your sysadmin than an anonymous remailer.  Thus
> there is a chance that there could be more people willing to put up the
> service than even remailers...   However, while there may be less chance of
> forceful shutdown due to complaints, an anon-http proxy server would probably
> consume much more in the way of network resources than a remailer, which will
> likely lead to many being shutdown once discovered by the sysadmins
> (although, maybe not).

   On this site, I know that running one would get it killed, me a stern
warning, and if I did it again, my account removed.  My goal here is
*NOT* to piss admins off - and what good are anon-HTTPD's if they're
being killed every 10 minutes.  What is needed is someone who will offer
up their box, that they own or directly control, for this purpose.

-jon
( --------[ Jonathan D. Cooper ]--------[ [email protected] ]-------- )
( PGP 2.6.2 keyprint: 31 50 8F 82 B9 79 ED C4  5B 12 A0 35 E0 9B C0 01 )
( home page: http://hyperreal.com/~entropy/ ]-------[ Key-ID: 4082CCB5 )