Re: GUI: PGP vs novices

On Wed, 21 Dec 1994, Dave Horsfall wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Dec 1994, Dave Del Torto relayed to us:

> Egad.  I suppose I shouldn't feel too annoyed that out of over fifty
> copies of PGP (from the 2.3A days) I've distributed (at my own expense)
> to radio amateurs in Australia (for authentication on packet radio),
> with two lectures and an article in a national magazine, and
> exhortations to call me about any problems, precisely two other people
> are using it (but are not signing their messages); and these were
> already crypto-aware to start with - sigh...

PGP has made me more crypto aware, but at this point neither I nor most of
the crypto aware people I personally know feel there is a need to either
encrypt or sign messages on a regular basis.  While this doesn't do great
things for supporting crypto, it is simply reality.  DigiCash is a
different situation of course - it is needed, and as soon as possible.

-Thomas