Re: Moving from 1024-bit -> 2048-bit key.

>Just remember (so your web of trust stays intact) to sign your new key
>and use your new key to sign your old one before revoking the old key.
>This confirms that it IS a new key, rather than someone trying to
>spoof you.

You would want to sign your new key with your old key wouldn't you? Anyone
can add a signature to your old key, but only you can add your (old key's)
signature to a new key. I agree that signing your old key with your new key
is probably a good idea, as it shows that the owners of the key (the same
person) trust that the keys belong to who they say they are.
Bryce Boland <[email protected]>                   Finger for PGP Public Key
http://cybernet.co.nz/home/bryce/www/home.html