Morality masks technical ignorance

The moralistic rubbish in response to the Norton Encrypt post is just cover
for a surprising technical ignorance about the product among Cypherpunks
(myself included). Funny. We'd all have kept shut if the question was
"I forgot my NE password. What do I do?"

Maybe we should stop discussing anonymous remailers lest they be put to
'amoral' use? I always thought the emphasis on this list was on _technological_
rather than _political_ or _legal_ or _moral_ means to protect privacy and
free expression - including the current limitations. The inevitability of
technology confounding laws - BlackNet as the 'dark' aspect and "National
borders are just speed bumps on the information superhighway" as the 'good'
side.

That's what makes Cypherpunks different from comp.org.eff.talk and alt.privacy,
IMHO.

Rishab Aiyer Ghosh                                "In between the breaths is
[email protected]                                  the space where we live"
[email protected]                                        - Lawrence Durrell
Voice/Fax/Data +91 11 6853410
Voicemail +91 11 3760335                 H 34C Saket, New Delhi 110017, INDIA